Eligibility and Requirements
1. Applicants for Bachelor’s degree must be senior high school graduates and be under the age of 25.
2. Applicants for Master’s degree must have obtained Bachelor’s Degree and be under the age of 35.
3. Applicants for Doctoral degree must have obtained Master’s Degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants for general scholar program should have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate study or have equivalent level of education and be under the age of 45.
5. Applicants for senior scholar program should have obtained Master’s Degree or above and be under the age of 50.
6. Applicants for Chinese language course should be senior high school graduates.
Language Proficiency for English-medium Programs:
Good command of English. Applicants with good marks on TOEFL, GRE, IELTS or other official recognized test and proficiency certificate are preferred.
Language Proficiency for Chinese-medium Programs:
HSK 4 for Science, Engineering and Medicine.
HSK 5 for Economics, Management, Literature, Philosophy, Education and Law.
Step 1. Login the online application system at http://admission.hust.edu.cn/.
Step 2. Choose the program and the category, upload the required documents and submit your application.
Step 3. Once your application has passed the evaluation and been accepted, a notification would be delivered via the online system. As required, please finish the payment of application fee in time.
The application fee for Exchange Students from Partner Universities is waived.
Step 4. Upon receiving the payment, the university will issue the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form in 10 working days.
Note: The documents uploaded should be clear, true and valid. Uncompleted application would be rejected.
For more details, please visit
2019 HUST Admission Guide